with the bold text in the example below:

Saturday, December 24, 2011

La Piel Que Habito (The skin I live in) by Pedro Almodovar, 2011 (R)


with Antonio Banderas (The Other Man), Elena Anaya (Room in Rome), Marisa Paredes (All about my mother), Blanca Suárez, Jan Cornet

Robert Ledgard (Antonio Banderas), a brilliant plastic surgeon, seeks to overcome the grief of his late wife's disfigurement in a fiery car crash by inventing skin that is impervious to injury, but his experiments on a living woman hasten his descent into madness.

It's not because of Elena Anaya, I promise. But I felt detached from this movie as well. I believe there were a lot of opinion going to extremes whether you love it or hate it, but no real middle ground. I guess I didn't like it. It was fascinating to see the transformation of the man, but the movie wasn't really about it. I loved the object and the wall that was created in this room, but looking closely, it didn't feel very deep. Then, I guess it was not crazy enough to feel that I was watching a crazy movie, it was not sensitive enough so I could like the characters, It was not interesting enough basically. Too many departure, and too many dead ends...

0 comments:

Post a Comment