with the bold text in the example below:

Friday, August 31, 2012

Out of Sight by Steven Soderbergh, 1998 (R)



with George Clooney (The Descendants, Michael Clayton, Up in the Air), Jennifer Lopez, Ving Rhames, Don Cheadle (Traffic), Catherine Keener (Please Give, Peace Love and Misunderstanding, Simone), Dennis Farina, Steve Zahn, Albert Brooks (Drive), Luis Guzmán (Traffic), Isaiah Washington

Florida bank robber Jack Foley (George Clooney) plays a genteel game of cat and mouse with Karen Sisco (Jennifer Lopez), the stunning federal marshal he meets in the trunk of a getaway car, in this Steven Soderbergh-directed film that shows off his trademark nonlinear storytelling. Out of Sight received Oscar nominations for both its crack editing (Anne V. Coates) and its brilliant adaptation (Scott Frank) of Elmore Leonard's novel.

My favorite Soderbergh so far, although I really like his movies in general. George Clooney is sexy, Jennifer Lopez's performance in perfect as a US marshal, I think I prefer her in this kind of roles than the typical falling in love girl she is since (I recommend "The Cell" as well). Anyway, the soundtrack is really good, the actors are all well chosen, even Catherine Keener that I finally recognized (after perhaps seeing this movie about five times) in a role she never takes. The storyline is great, deconstructed, original, with a dark great sense of humor, and did I already mentioned I really like Elmore Leonard's writing, Jackie Brown, Get Shorty, Bandits...

Watch Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment