with the bold text in the example below:

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Wu Hu Zang Long) by Ang Lee, 2000 (PG-13)



with Yun-Fat Chow, Michelle Yeoh, Ziyi Zhang (House of Flying Daggers), Chen Chang, Sihung Lung, Pei-pei Cheng, Fa Zeng Li, Xian Gao, Yan Hai, De Ming Wang, Li Li, Su Ying Huang
Duration: 120 minutes

Ang Lee's articulate direction and Woo-Ping Yuen's balletic martial arts choreography elevate this story about a young woman in ancient China who longs for an adventurous life rather than a dull arranged marriage.

Does it always has to be tragic? Sorry for the spoil, but what a beautiful movie! I saw it such a long time ago, and then again in December. I think I was more emotional the first time, perhaps because I felt so much for the role of Michelle Yeoh. She was so touchingly in love... I just had a revelation, just as Miss Dashwood performed by Emma Thompson, in Sense and Sensibility, directed by... Ang Lee! Anyway, the movie has beautifully choreographed martial arts (although I think I preferred House of Flying Daggers), amazing poetry, intelligent plot and two beautiful love stories.

Watch Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment