with the bold text in the example below:

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vintage Review: Nov 7, 2006 Scoop by Woody Allen, 2006 (PG-13)



with Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris, Deconstructing Harry, To Rome with Love), Scarlett Johansson (We Brought a Zoo, The Avengers, The Horse Whisperer), Hugh Jackman, Ian McShane (Snow White and the Huntsman), Romola Garai (The Other Man, One Day), Jim Dunk, Colin Salmon, Robyn Kerr, Matt Day, Charles Dance (Underworld: Awakening), Anthony Head (The Iron Lady)
From the director of Deconstructing Harry, Hollywood Ending, Midnight in Paris, To Rome With Love...

While visiting friends in London, American journalism student Jade Spence beats out Britain's top reporters by exposing a story involving murder and magic. But just as the story heats up, so do things between Jade and a hunky aristocrat.

Goodness, so opinionated! Well... I was 23, and very confident about my taste in movies. I guess I still am, but I pretend to get my sources in a more reliable way. Anyway, a cute but quite aggressive review of Scoop. Which reminds me I must have said the same about "To Rome With Love" and thought the same about "Vicky Christina Barcelona", Woody Allen is now the best mainstream tour-guide of Europe, and it's most beautiful cities, Venice, Paris, London, Rome, Barcelona... Which is next?

"Scoop, last movie of Woody Allen.
I must say sometimes that I'm annoyed that everyone has seen it before me, pretending to give me advices. It's like Woody Allen have become a right thing to see, for educated people. I hate the feeling that everyone loves Woody Allen. For years I've been struggling to get someone to see his movies with me, and there was nobody. Woody Allen was somehow too boring, not enough prestigious. And now, he has become this politically correct thing to see every year. I know that no one has seen as many Woody Allen as me, but I'm offended.
Okay, I'm back to my critic. I must say it's a good movie, in the entertaining way. Woody Allen is funny, so are the situations he creates. We can feel the Woody Allen's touch, as he is playing in it, but something has changed. I don't know what, maybe it is because it is not happening in New York, s like Match Point, something is wrong. He has become too commercial, i should say. His story is just a good thriller, as Match Point was. The humor, the intelligence of Woody Allen is all gone, for something the audience might prefer, but not his real audience. No one will say this is a bad movie, let's be clear on this point. The actors are great, the story is smart, the image and sound are good. It's just that it is not a Woody Allen movie.
Please answer to this question. Did you think this movie is a Woody Allen movie ? If yes, why ? "

Watch Scoop Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment