with the bold text in the example below:

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Cousin Vinny by Jonathan Lynn, 1992 (R)



with Joe Pesci, Marisa Tomei (Crazy Stupid Love, The Wrestler), Ralph Macchio, Mitchell Whitfield, Fred Gwynne, Lane Smith, Austin Pendleton, Bruce McGill (Fair Game, Lincoln, The Legend of Bagger Vance), Maury Chaykin, Paulene Myers, Raynor Scheine, James Rebhorn (The Game), Chris Ellis, Michael Simpson
From the director of Wild Target

When teenage buddies Billy (Ralph Macchio) and Stan (Mitchell Whitfield) are falsely accused of croaking a convenience-store clerk in a backwoods Southern town, Billy calls on his Noo Yawk cousin Vinny (Joe Pesci), a fast-talking personal injury lawyer who's never tried a case. Vinny's crass demeanor lands him in hot water with the judge, but the lippy Brooklyn barrister has a few tricks up his sleeve. Oscar winner Marisa Tomei plays his gal pal.

I admit I laughed... To this certain point where I got tired of Joe Pesci. And then I laughed with Marisa Tomei's performance at the bar. I couldn't figure out if I had seen the movie before, but everything felt familiar, the sense of humor of the 90s, predictable gags, misunderstandings, New York attitude, out of place behavior. Anyway, It is a bit exuberant but witty. And if I understood well, already a classic... Sigh...

Watch trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment