with the bold text in the example below:

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope by George Lucas, 1977 (PG)



Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford (Blade Runner, Morning Glory), Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, James Earl Jones (Lincoln, X-men, First Class)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness) guides intrepid Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) on a valiant bid to save the captured Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) from Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones). With his trusty droids and smuggler Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Skywalker must also destroy the Galactic Empire's all-powerful weapon: the Death Star. George Lucas cemented his status as a pop-culture legend with this classic battle between good and evil.

Star Wars Episode 4 will officially be my 500th post! Well, it's a classic, and I also loved it. I first saw in in the cinema (well, not in 1977, but when they republished it in 1997). I was so pissed when it ended that I would have to wait two more weeks to see the following episode the Empire Strike Back, and two more for the Return of the Jedi (I didn't have TV at home, so was going to the movies - a lot - To compensate...). Anyway, I can't even imagine the people who had to wait six years after episode 4 to see episode 6... Ok, so Mark Hamill is absolutely irresistible in it (not so much the case in the next ones), and princess Leia and Han Solo are irresistible together, as well as R2D2 and C3PO, even if we never have any frelling idea what R2 might be saying. Brilliant! I watched it again the other day, and felt a bit bizarre as I thought Darth Vader is not as impressive as I had imagined. But really, the transitions, the vintage computers and flight assistant, everything was so inventive. Anyway, a blast that of course made me want to see the other episodes (1980 and 1983, not the newests). So, reviews coming up. Of course, they are announcing the episode 7, I am truly looking forward, specially since the cast will include Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. Yay!!!!

watch tailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment