with the bold text in the example below:

Friday, September 13, 2013

White Material by Claire Denis and Marie NDyaye, 2009 (PG)


with Isabelle Huppert (The Piano Teacher, Ma Mere, Amour), Christopher Lambert, Nicolas Duvauchelle, Isaach De Bankolé, William Nadylam, Adèle Ado, Ali Barkai, Daniel Tchangang, Michel Subor
From the director of Trouble Every Day

A tale of a country torn apart by civil war, as African soldiers force French nationals to abandon their land. At the center of the story is Maria (Isabelle Huppert), a white woman who ignores her family's fears and steadfastly refuses to leave her coffee plantation. Isaach De Bankolé and Christopher Lambert also star.

I read a book named Trois Femmes Puissantes (prix Goncourt) from Marie NDyaye, two years ago, that I loved. A year ago I watched a movie from Claire Denis, "Trouble Every Day", that I hated, maybe too strong/gore for me. And I watched this one feeling the same strength that occurs in the book of Marie NDyaye, and discomfort of "Trouble Every Day", in a blend that was going beyond both of them. And Isabelle Huppert is perfect in those both aspect, isn't she?

Watch Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment