with the bold text in the example below:

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jeff, Who Lives at Home by Jay Duplass and Mark Duplass, 2011 (R)



with Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, "Bad Teacher"), Ed Helms, Susan Sarandon ("Solitary Man", "You don't know Jack"), Judy Greer (The Descendants), Rae Dawn Chong, Steve Zissis, Evan Ross

Siblings Jay and Mark Duplass direct this comedy focusing on two brothers -- one a moderate success, the other still living with Mom. A trip to the store for glue, however, turns into an encounter with destiny for the stay-at-home slacker.

A very strange indie comedy about signs, let to a little bit of absurd, over a special day for the Duplass family. I watched it honestly in the plane, when coming back from the bathroom, I saw what the man in front of me was watching: Susan Sarandon kissing a woman. I had to see it. So, I looked again from time to time to figure out which movie that could be, while being slightly bored by "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen", and finally figured out which it was. Of course, when the kiss happens, my neighbor watches my film and a woman ask me what I would like to drink with my breakfast, while I have a mouthful of melon, and tried acting cool. Damned, that was the moment of the film. Anyway, the rest is a bit bizarre, kind of no life town, with strange characters, absurd motel and bar situations, finale who is so big of hugs that everything looks forced. But the indie tone of it saves it a little, and Susan Sarandon is as good as usual.

Watch Trailer

0 comments:

Post a Comment