with the bold text in the example below:

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Argo by Ben Affleck, 2012 (R)




with Ben Affleck (To the Wonder), Taylor Schilling (Orange is the New Black), Bryan Cranston (Drive, Total Recall), John Goodman (Trouble with the Curve, The Artist, You Don't Know Jack, The Princess and the Frog), Kyle Chandler (Broken City, Zero Dark Thirty), Clea DuVall, Victor Garber (Milk), Alan Arkin (Get Smart, The sessions), Titus Welliver (Promised Land), Adrienne Barbeau, Tate Donovan, Rory Cochrane, Chris Messina (Ruby Sparks, Julie and Julia), Richard Kind (Hereafter), Kerry Bishé, Scoot McNairy (Promised Land)

In 1979, when Iranian militants seize the American embassy, six Americans slip into the Canadian embassy for protection, prompting the CIA to concoct an elaborate plot to rescue them by pretending that they are filmmakers rather than diplomats.

Argo is nominated for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Picture (WON), Best Film Editing (WON), best Original Score, best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Adapted Screenplay (WON)

Yes, this is up to date, I just saw the movie today, and later tonight, this movie won best director and best drama at the golden globes 2013. To be honest, I had to watch one of the drama in competition, chose this one, and when I got out, I asked myself if I didn't go see the worse of the nominated movies. Now I am questioning either the selection or the final choice. But since I haven't yet seen the others, I don't have the answer... Never mind, to be more moderated, I felt it was an interesting development of a story, with a very original script, the use of Hollywood as a cover to free Americans from Iran was a great joke inside a very serious affair. The second half of the movie, knowing the outcome in advance was a bit painful. It was using every way to stress you out, and so nationalistic it made me a bit dizzy. The end got an interesting twist to it, because of course everything is to remain secret, so no big emotional coming back for a hero, just an ironic shut off. Okay, the movie was quite good. I just wonder if this is to become the best movie of 2012... See at the Oscars...

Watch Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment