with the bold text in the example below:

Sunday, January 13, 2013

One for the Money by Julie Anne Robinson, 2012 (PG-13)



with Katherine Heigl, Jason O'Mara, Daniel Sunjata, John Leguizamo (Ice Age), Sherri Shepherd (Precious), Debbie Reynolds, Debra Monk (The Other Woman), Nate Mooney, Patrick Fischler, Ana Reeder
Duration: 91 minutes

Janet Evanovich's spunky heroine, Stephanie Plum, is adrift after getting a divorce and losing her job. To make ends meet, she becomes a bounty hunter, with her first big case revolving around a high school boyfriend who may be falsely accused.

Ok, I gotta tell the truth, mum is a big fan of Janet Evanovich... Therefor she got the dvd of this movie. I was a bit terrified by the idea of having to watch it... But it turned out ok, in a way simple comedies are, watchable, with some good laughs, no thinking whatsoever, and will probably never ever mention I actually saw it not to be mocked. So, now that I mentioned that, and compared to the books (which I read as well), I had some disappointments in terms of casting. Katherine Heigl is impeccable, I didn't have a face for Stephanie Plum, and she fits the description, the attitude. Same for Morelli and the mum and dad, I think the mum (Debra Monk) was actually the closest to my imaginary Mrs. Plum. I had more issues with Grandma Mazur and Ranger. To me, Grandma was this skinny woman with fire in her eyes, full of this blast of craziness that might blow at any moment into a line that would make Mrs. Plum sight and Mr. Plum want to commit suicide. Besides the moment she shoots the chicken, nothing special came up. Ranger is supposed to be this sexual beast with contained emotions, concision in words, mystery and precision. Ok, that is a hard one to find. So they cast a good looking latino with muscle, and simplified Ranger to that. No more testosterone spilling. Anyway, this is only from the perspective of an assiduous reader. If you haven't read the books and only watch the movie, you may have the good time I am mentioning at the beginning. If not, read the books, and eventually get ridiculous reading it in the subway and laughing out too loud!

Watch Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment